Kindle Countdown Deals

Monday

Blessed Assurance – Hearty Hymns from A to Z




Fanny Crosby (1820-1915) wrote “Blessed Assurance” in 1873. The blind Baptist missionary and poet’s words have blessed and encouraged generations of Christian believers. This classic hymn is perhaps based on Hebrews 10:22, which points to a “full assurance of faith” in the King James Version, which Crosby likely studied.




Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.


Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
 

 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
(Refrain)

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.

(Refrain)


Listen to Third Day’s adaptation of it here:


Image:
Created by this user with online generator

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Don’t miss the Heart of a Ready Writer page on Facebook. You are invited to visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment